This job is no longer available
Planning and Technical Design Manager required for a large construction Group based in Littlehampton.
This is a new post being introduced within the company and the role is to provide input and co-ordination to enhance the company performance in the submission of planning applications, the timely discharge of planning conditions together with liaising with external consultants on the construction design detailing particularly in relation to BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes together with the timely issue of technical drawings.
Additionally it will also involve liaison with consultants on highway and drainage design to obtain the necessary legal agreements and design checks and the submission of information relating to BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes.
· Working with the Managing Director or Chairman liaise with and direct our external planning consultants/architects to procure suitable and sufficient information as may be required to make successful planning applications.
· Recommend appointment of external consultants as may be required for the submission of the planning application. This may include but not be limited to environmental, transport, acoustic, ecology, highway design, drainage design, BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes.
· Oversee with the consultants to ensure reports and designs are submitted in a timely manner to suit the requirements of the planning application. Where necessary liaise with the planning consultant on items that may be listed as pre commencement conditions and preempt these where possible in the initial application.
· Post planning consent there will inevitably be pre-commencement conditions to discharge. Oversee with the relevant consultants and the in house construction department to obtain the necessary information to discharge these consents.
· Coordinate and interrogate appropriate third party design information for incorporation into the construction drawing as issued by the company, control, monitor and maintain satisfactory processes and issue to all relevant parties within due time.
· Provide technical input in providing suitable designs to current Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM requirements and document information for submission to the Code Assessor to ensure compliance is met.
· Maintain knowledge of appropriate building products in the market to be able to recommend specification of products during the construction phase.
· Provide input as required into the appointment of External Consultants, including providing the scheme design brief for tendering purposes and undertake approval checks for new consultants in line with current CDM legislation.
· Liaise with external consultants where required to ensure fully coordinated construction drawings, including managing the timely release of their drawings and carrying out a technical check of the drawings.
· Submit, control, monitor and obtain all Building control and NHBC approvals as required for compliance with statutory regulations including possibly submitting planning reserve matters/conditions.
· Undertake a technical vetting exercise of planning drawings to assess the viability of the proposed scheme and ensure the proposals are within budgetary constraints.
· To maintain comprehensive knowledge and awareness of current building regulations and NHBC specifications and to issue internal briefing notes on changes/updates.
· A technical understanding of Section 278/38 Highways works together with an understanding of Section 104/106 sewer agreements will be advantageous but not a strict requirement of the position.
· Undertaking such other duties, including ad hoc projects, as required.
· Identify technical issues and either attend to them or oversee the
Consultant's performance and co-ordinate between technical consultants,
planning consultants and construction department.
The job holder is required to establish initial requirements of the project from the MD and work up with the MD the design and specification in broad detail and then to refine the detail as necessary for technical compliance combined with the most cost effective technical design and build ability in compliance with statute and good practice and is required to make full progress reports to the Managing Direct and Construction Manager as required.
The job holder is required, in fulfilling all the responsibilities of the job, to apply and adhere to the Company's Operating Principles.
· Appoint external Design Consultants following the Company approval procedure.