Lead Architect - Water/Industrial
Our client, a global leading firm that has provided planning, design and construction management services for a wide range of water resource projects around the world is on the hunt for a talented, high calibre, dynamic and accomplished Architect to lead and grow their Europe-Africa Architectural Design Group.
The successful candidate will be based in High Wycombe, providing regional leadership to the team. You must possess a high level of technical competency (preferably gained within the water and/or industrial sectors), excellent communication and interpersonal skills which will enable you to operate at senior level.
A proven track record for success that displays the ability to make firm but effective decisions and a collaborative but determined mind-set to create workable, pragmatic and fair plans is essential.
Those with a ‘hands-on’ approach to project delivery through the use of modern technological methods and the ability to provide effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to the team are best suited to this role.
Applicants should be willing to travel as this is seen fundamental to the success of this role.
- Provide technical expertise through architectural design to meet project needs using state-of-the-art techniques.
- Provide leadership, line management and develop the Group as a team
- Plan, forecast and co-ordinate resources with group managers efficiently.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Integration with the civil and structural design teams
- Provide technical assistance to staff, including training within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required.
- Reviewing and checking the work of others and remaining focused on important priorities.
- Build internal and external relationships with new clients and key stakeholders.
- Chartered/Registered member of a relevant institution i.e. RIBA / ARB
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Architectural Engineering or other relevant subject
- High level of technical competency (preferably gained within the water and industrial sectors)
- Demonstrated experience in using current architectural software packages including Revit and/or Bentley Microstation
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent presentation skills
- Dynamic with exceptional organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Excellent internal and external client service focus
Please send in an up-to-date CV & examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.