As part of the business strategy and growth Berkeley First will be delivering almost 1,000 new homes for private sale over the next 5 years marketed under the Berkeley brand as well as delivering in excess of 2000 new homes for students alongside some of the UK’s leading and admired universities including Imperial College London, University of the Arts London, University of Kent, Kings College London and London School of Economics.
Reporting to the Production Director and forming a key part of the senior executive team you will be responsible for managing the technical function from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions. You will take responsibility for achieving company targets and seek to positively influence the progression and growth of the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Management of the technical team across multiple projects to ensure best practice is followed, costs are controlled and maximising revenue generation
• Manage pre-development process with Land on technical viability of sites
• Manage development process including procedures, layouts and technical reports
• Innovate design across the various projects
• To lead the appointment of external consultants, and negotiating fees to ensure services are optimised and fees are within budget
• Managing effective working relationships throughout the business - internally and externally.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
• High levels of management ability
• High degree of commercial acumen and design flair
• Demonstrable experience and presentation skills
• Highly resilient nature
• Detail and drive
• Be able to work in a team and on own initiative
• Be able to ‘take ownership’
You will already be a high achiever in your current organisation, perhaps frustrated by lack of autonomy and decision making, however Berkeley First offers unrivalled career opportunity to impact a major operating business within The Berkeley Group.