Our client, a multi-disciplined company that services major clients in the public and private sector are currently on the hunt for an Associate Architect/Associate Director with demonstrable experience at a senior level and with good client facing, business development and commercial skills.
This position will play an integral part to the continued success of the company with a key focus on growth in their Education market sector (Schools, Higher/Further Education) commercial & mass transit sectors.
The successful individual will be required to report to the Head of Business and will be based from our clients busy Oxfordshire office. A proven background with experience within a similar role will be a distinct advantage. Preferably you will have worked as an Associate Architect or Associate Director for an established architectural or other design practice and have your name against significant projects. Successful candidates should be familiar with the full construction process from business development, to bidding and project delivery - including the successful commercial management of projects.
- Lead projects as Technical Director/Design Manager.
- To provide design and technical leadership for major projects
- Liaison with key clients and be capable of discussing design/technical solutions to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients – both in projects and at tender stage
- Successful delivery of projects to a high level of quality and Client satisfaction acting as Lead Consultant/Design Manager
- The opportunity to work both locally and within our national business to win and deliver work and with these opportunities there will be a requirement for flexibility in respect of travel and location based on project demands
- Strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions
- Detailed knowledge of our competitors, understand our market differentiators and help to shape them
- Extensive experience in preparing bids and tendering.
- Proven team management skills and experience
- Development of the design culture and capability of our multi disciplinary design team(s)
- An inclusive leader with a confident operating style who is able to deal with diversity within the teams that they manage
- A resourceful, articulate and clear communicator with the ability to influence others
- Be able to work calmly under pressure and lead, inspire and motivate our teams
- To lead and support business development and work winning/bidding within the education sector.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key clients and prospective clients
- Proven track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Identifying opportunities and supporting the development of winning bids for projects in the education sector both single discipline and multi disciplinary
Applicants that require flexible working arrangements will be considered as our client is willing to accommodate individual requirements. Please send in an up-to-date CV & examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Carl anytime up to 19:00 for a confidential chat about this outstanding opportunity - 01728 726 120