Our client has immediate requirements for Design Managers to be based on new-build high-spec residential and mixed-use projects in West, North, East and SE London.
In this role you will be responsible for co-coordinating the designinterface on all aspects of the project as well as management of the Design Team, overseeing the quality of the design and monitoring the delivery of the project.
- Design delivery to programme and budget
- Managing design teams
- Design intent Employers Requirements and contractors proposals.
- Planning discharge process
- Design detailing
- Design co-ordination
- Technical/material/design audits
- Design meeting management
- Procurement assistance
- Value engineering
- Quality control
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Detailed knowledge of Building Regulations.
- Ability to understand Structural and Services Design for coordination
- Experience of complex facade treatments, interiors, M&E interfaces
- Design meeting management skills
- Preferably a degree in Architecture or Construction related studies
Our Client is a dynamic multidisciplinary design and build main contractor operating throughout the high rise residential, luxury hotel and commercial markets. Their order book of secured and probable work is extremely strong, representing 90% of forecast turnover to 2014 and half of forecast to 2015.
Typically their projects have values of circa £25m and all entail the provision of contiguous piled basements, multi storey RC frame construction with a variety of cladding facade finishes. Internally the projects are fitted out to high specification using natural stone, hard-woods and stainless steel products, with a complex services package completing the fit out.