This job is no longer available
With overall supervision from the Manager of Architecture, and day-to-day supervision from the Project Manager and/or Project Architect, assists in executing office and project-related design and technical tasks of any size or complexity.
• Capable of reading existing construction documents, organizing/leading field checking activities and surveying existing buildings.
• Possess/demonstrates the graphic ability to produce existing building as-builts and develop architectural building backgrounds.
• Possess/demonstrates the knowledge and ability to set-up project AutoCAD files per client or office standards. Leads the AutoCAD coordination efforts between departments. Functions as the CAD Captain.
• Accurately produces construction documents based on direction from the lead Project Architect. Plan mini-sheet work plans if directed by the Project Architect.
• Assists in preparation of schematic design documents.
• Carry out design tasks of limited scope (site planning alternate studies, elevational studies, stairs, toilet room layouts, etc.) and with technical task (building sections, wall sections, special details, etc.).
• Possess/demonstrates the communication skills to work with all assigned project team members, including engineering disciplines. Follows direction from the Project Manager or lead Project Architect and advises of any questions.
• Assists the lead Project Architect with coordination of the construction documents with other disciplines or consultants.
• Assists in programming sessions, preparation of programming documents and presentation materials. Participates in design charrettes.
• Undertake in-house construction administration duties (basic submittal review).
• Performs related duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering.
• 4-7 years related architecture experience.
• LEED preferred.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, REVIT, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.