This job is no longer available
Planning Enforcement Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, a London based local authority, for a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer on a contractual basis.
This client is based in north London and encompasses one of the most diverse and vibrant demographics in London. The council is managing several large regeneration programmes, with more on the horizon.
This is an exciting role that will involve working on the front line of the council's planning department. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for investigating, enforcing and monitoring planning breaches throughout the borough while maintaining excellent customer service levels and consistently hitting targets.
- Resolve planning applications and enforcement issues.
- Ensure that temporary planning permissions are monitored and ensure compliance notices are adhered to.
- Negotiate with complainants and persons in breach of planning control, receive and investigate all complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning.
- Personally contact people in breach of planning regulations and determine the appropriate course of action on reported infringements.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following attributes:
- Professionally qualified and RTPI eligible.
- Experienced and competent at dealing with processing applications and investigating enforcement cases within a busy environment.
- Experience working within an urban local authority and a UK driving licence would be desirable.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Accessible location in west London
- Based in a busy and expanding environment
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.