My clients are a university that possess a rich history in providing students with academic excellent and unique heritage, and they are now seeking a highly skilled space planner to implement the university's space management strategy.
- Taking into account the needs and live systems in the formulation of block and detailed layouts using the CAFM system.
- To pro actively ensure that all university technical plans are up to date.
- To produce block and detailed planning proposals to a professional level for subsequent review within agreed time scales and reasonable budgetary constraints.
- Plan areas using a working knowledge of Building Regulations, Fire Regulations, EU Directives, Space Norms, Health and Safety Legislation and SKa to achieve cost effective solutions.
- Produce detailed layout planning to a professional standard using CAFM system.
- To manage small scale office moves and have an overview of minor refurbishment.
- Act within time factors and deadlines prescribe for the provision of plans and space analyses for internal purposes.
- On occasion, be required to manage small projects to improve space utilisation and to meet the needs of the departments customers.
- Responsible for carrying out feasibility studies for potential developments, liaising with both Estates and Facilities staff and other key internal customers.
It is essential to ensure that projects will be managed in a cost-effective and sustained manner.
The successful applicant must have:
- GNVQ level of education in space planning or similar discipline.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Space Planning in the following areas: Health & Safety legislation; Fire regulations; EU regulations.
- Expert practitioner of AUTOCAD 2012 (or later) package.
- MS Office Suite (intermediate level).
- Experience within an Architect/Designer Practise maintaining plans and designing interior layouts.
- Experience of managing small projects.
This is an opportunity not to be missed as the university offers a wide range of benefits, including a career average salary pension scheme, 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays and closure days, a season ticket loan, and excellent staff development opportunities.
Apply now, or email Hira Daud on for further information.