This job is no longer available
Development Management Planner
Our client, a local authority based in north west London, is looking to recruit a Planning Officer with experience in a fast paced environment who can get results quickly.
Due to the urgency of the requirement, our client is looking to pay a premium rate for a candidate that is willing to take on a time critical case load and who can hit the ground running.
With a good chance of contract extension after the initial 3-month period, or progression to a permanent senior planner role, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Process a wide range of planning applications including residential developments, changes of use, and even major applications.
- Provide information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations, other Council departments and others on planning matters.
- You will be given guidance by senior staff and management but will be expected to take on a variety of cases and get results quickly.
As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of general applications and enquires, you will possess:
A relevant town planning qualification (RTPI recognised) or be working towards gaining one.
- Development management experience, preferably within a London local authority.
- Good customer care skills, ability to meet deadlines, and team working skills.
- A competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office) and experience in using planning focused software.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Good potential for long-term contract / contract extension
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.