Design Manager - Cranleigh, Surrey
Bouygues UK are looking for a Design Manager to join our High End Residential team on a state of the art project near Cranleigh, Surrey.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- Reporting to the Project Manager.
- Responsibility for Daily Design Management.
- Management of the Design Consultants on a daily basis.
- Liaise between the Client, the Design Consultants and the project staff for design matters.
- Liaise with the Site Manager for the development of design package and procurement strategies.
- Prepares the Design Management Plan (DMP)
- Endorses Consultants’ DMPs
- Defines subcontractor’s objectives: time, details, ratios, coordination's, etc.
- Manage the flow of design information and the Document Control
- Support the procurement and commercial teams
- Follow the design development of subcontractor and manage the coordination
- Co-ordinate the input from BYUK Technical Department necessary to develop a robust design
- Manage the Environmental Certification Process i.e. BREEAM / CFSH
- Manage (preconstruction) or participate (construction) the Design Transfer from preconstruction to construction
- Complete / approve Design Consultant Assessments
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested.
- Prepares consultant deliverables inline with procurement programme.
- Authorizes the RFC (Released for Construction) and RFP (released For Procurement) status.
- Manages the designing subcontractors (for the design only) when delegated by the Project Director/Manager
- Manage interface with related issues of decants, phasing and enabling works
- Co-ordinate the Reviewable Design Data approval process
- Co-ordinate the Planning Submission and Approval processes
- Co-ordinate the building control submissions and approval.
- Help prepare for Objective, Points 20, 50, 80, 100
- Understands and provide feedback on the Design Management processes in Eureka Evolution.
Essential & desirable criteria:
- Knowledge of the design process, at commercial design stage with a Main Contractor
- Understands the RIBA plan of work
- Good all round technical knowledge
- Good client facing skills
- Ability to manage consultants scope and budgets
- Broad Sector experience Have a good understanding of BREEAM and CfSH
- Understand the PFI/PPP, 2 stage and single stage
- D&B process Understanding of fire and acoustic requirements
- Comprehensive negotiation skills
- Design, engineering or construction qualification
Bouygues UK is wholly owned by Bouygues Bâtiment International, a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction. A global player in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors, Bouygues Construction operates at all points of the value chain of projects: finance, design, construction and facilities management (operation and maintenance). On every continent, its 55,400 employees devise and develop solutions that make an improvement to the environment and to everybody’s lives. In 2012, Bouygues Construction generated sales of 10.6 billion euros.