Develop a strong profitable and sustainable delivery unit. Oversee architectural and technical staff and review/monitor the professional development of junior staff as required. Offer technical expertise
Key Tasks / Responsibilities include:
- Take great pride in being Proactive, Innovative, Industrious and Passionate about the work that you and Waldeck undertake. Promote Waldeck as a great place to work.
- Produce and develop Key Account Plans, taking a proactive role in building strong Client relationships and networks, from which a sustainable pipeline of opportunities can be identified. Undertake client liaison and ensure that the project meets the client’s objectives and requirements. Act as key client contact for project delivery, representing all of Waldeck’s services on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility for the Commercial success of your delivery team by managing project and team finances within Coretime (or other Financial Systems).
- Prepare and present proposals/bids as required including estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
- Act as Project Manager on large and medium sized/risk projects and assist with the management of teams for a particular programme of work. In particular: arrange and run project commencement meetings; produce project programmes and resourcing schedules; monitor and report upon delivery against agreed timescales and budgets; identify, produce and agree variations; and manage client expectations. Manage billing and cash collection for all projects being delivered by your team.
- Proactively oversee the delivery of projects being managed by Architectural staff within your team, providing mentoring and guidance on methods of delivery to achieve time and budget targets and ways to manage risks and improve client satisfaction.
- Allocate team members to tasks and manage day-to-day workloads for staff within your team.
- Take responsibility for Approving Deliverables produced by your team, in so doing ensuring that all deliverables:
- Are produced in accordance with the programme
- Meet the requirements of the project and are technically correct, clear and of the highest engineering standard.
- Take due account of social and environmental constraints
- Incorporate any suitable innovations, are economical and are safe to construct, maintain and ultimately demolish.
- Undertake thorough checking of technical content of work carried out by others to ensure that deliverables are correct and in accordance with all relevant standards and regulations.
- Maintain a knowledge of available technologies / innovations within your area of expertise and ensure that the benefits and constraints of all innovations are established and disseminated across the business.
- Take responsibility for Standard Details and any Waldeck Design Tools used within your field of technical expertise. Produce guidance notes, training and examples of use.
- Lead/attend internal technical forums and or coordinate initiatives, which contribute towards the technical objectives within the Business Plan, delivering internal reports and actions as required.
- Provide technical training, guidance and mentoring for staff in relation to innovations / design methods / standards within your area of technical expertise.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Procedures. Participate in Quality Audits and ensure that any non-conformances are closed out within agreed timescales, and proactively adopt / disseminate best practice wherever it is identified.
- Produce and publish Technical Papers / Presentations to further the development of the industry and reputation of Waldeck. Contribute to the production of Business Development literature and marketing materials.
- Promote Waldeck’s Health and Safety Policy by:
- Take reasonable care not only of your own health and safety whilst at work but also a duty to protect others who may be affected by your acts or omissions
- Cooperate with your employer as far as necessary to enable him to perform his statutory duty
- Do not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety or welfare
- Proactively encourage employees under your jurisdiction to work safely and commit to health and safety including training
Skills / Competencies / Experience / Qualifications:
- Qualified to either Degree level (preferably Grade 2:1 or above) in Architecture with 10-years relevant experience.
- Chartered Member of relevant professional institution.
- Current CSCS Card.
- Be capable of working on their own initiative, without supervision and have ability to deputise for the Director
- Have proven ability to pursue and develop business opportunities
- Be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role
- Have in-depth knowledge of relevant Design Standards and Legislation
- Maintain awareness of all relevant technologies and innovations.
- Have ability to make site decisions
- Have a high attention to detail and ability to instill standards of pride and excellence in their team
- Have good organization and prioritizing skills
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage resources effectively and efficiently, with strong skills in developing staff.
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm
- Familiarity with relevant software packages such as Revit Architecture, Sketch-up, MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.