This job is no longer available
Town Planner - Development Management
Our client, a local authority, based in north west London is looking for an accomplished Town Planner to work in the Development Management function of a local authority. This is a one year fixed term contract with the opportunity to progress to a permanent role if you impress in the role.
This is an opportunity to work on a mix of major and minor applications in a diverse and vibrant area of London and a council that provides genuine career progression opportunities.
The vacancy has arisen in the Town Planning department due to an increase in workload as a direct result of increased development in the borough and the council securing more funding to deal with the workload.
This local authority prides itself on hard work, a friendly atmosphere and promoting from within.
A driving licence is essential for this role although the use of a company pool car is available.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Process planning applications including residential developments, changes of use, applications for listed building consent and appeals.
- Provide information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations, other Council departments and others on planning matters.
As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of general applications and enquires, you will possess:
- A relevant town planning qualification (RTPI recognised) or be working towards gaining one.
- Development management experience, preferably within a local authority.
- Good customer care skills, ability to meet deadlines, and team working skills.
- A competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- A driving licence is essential but a vehicle is available to use within the department.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Good potential for long-term contract or progression to permanent role.
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.