Head of Technology - Dubai
Head of Technology - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
You have the opportunity to join a forward thinking an evolutionary global business who are a leading firm of engineers and consultants to the building and infrastructure sectors.
As part of our clients strategic growth plans, they currently have an exciting opportunity to join their business team as the Head of Technology. In this role you will be accountable for the study, development, implementation, support and management of technologies involved in the construction design process, to ultimately improve efficiency of overall product design.
Utilising your experience gained from working on a variety of project types and sizes, in technical production and supervision, BIM technology implementation, project coordination and project management in commercial, mixed use, hospitality, healthcare, and industrial projects, your core duties will be to:
- Drive innovation and utilise technological advancement
- Support, maintain and provide training in design and engineering applications and tools whilst working closely with IT to provide necessary infrastructure for the most effective use of these applications and tools.
- Keep up to date with industry developments with respect to your own discipline, other disciplines and engineering innovations and developments on a global scale
- Contribute to and lead technical solutions on projects
- Review market research, development, and innovation into making our way of working more efficient through the use of technology, be it systems, applications, or processes.
- Ensure the right technologies are utilised effectively, including engaging with the complimentary resource centres, to ensure that communication and design processes are continually improved
- Maintain contact with key technical leaders across WSP offices and around the world
- Lead design peer reviews in alignment with the quality management system.
Essential qualities & skills required:
- BEng/BSc degree or equivalent in an IT/Engineering discipline with minimum 7 years post graduate experience, C.Eng. preferred although not essential
- Member of associated Professional body
- Project management of various IPD (Integrated Project Delivery) BIM (Building Information Modelling) projects, and deployment of various BIM tools and systems across all disciplines
- Strong technical, communication and presentation skills with clients, consultants, contractors and internal/external multidisciplinary project teams, and be prepared to adjust and cope in different environments with enthusiasm
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office essential
On offer to the successful candidate is a highly competitive package with excellent career advancement prospects.