Junior Architectural Technician
My client is a leading Architectural Practice based in Ipswich, Suffolk with a reputation for delivering innovative & thoughtful buildings across the East Anglia region. They require an ambitious Junior Architectural Technician with ideally a minimum of 1 years' practical experience to join them who's looking to develop their technical abilities whilst striving to continue the practice's hard work.
Their team has an enviable mix of expertise, enthusiasm and experience who enjoy working collaboratively with local authorities, design teams, and client bodies; ensuring that every stage of a project runs smoothly.
For this role, candidates will ideally be familiar working on residential projects however this isn't entirely necessary. The successful candidate will be working on technical detailing stages on residential projects from small-scale extensions through to larger scale housing developments for leading housing developers of up to 150 units. Although their workload is predominantly residential at the moment, this practice has also been known to take on commercial, industrial & educational projects which the successful candidate will inevitably gain exposure to further down the line. It is essential that you are proficient with AutoCAD and have experience with SketchUp & Photoshop along with the drive to continually improve and learn new skills.
* Take direction from senior members of the technical team when necessary,
* Liaising & coordinating with other departments regarding development works,
* Use excellent communication skills (both written & spoken English) to convey ideas to others in both a technical & non-technical manner,
* Use previous practical experience & knowledge to be able to propose and debate alternative solutions to technical & operational requirements,
* Using initiative to make decisions & operate in a pro-active way.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting position, please send through an up to date CV and portfolio of work examples to Katie at Conrad Consulting to be considered. Further details will be provided to suitable applicants.