Planning Consultant (Town Planning)
Planning Consultant - Town Planning Permanent Northumberland & Scottish Borders
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be partnering with a well-established, respected and growing organisation, who are specifically looking to develop and invest in their Planning and Development Team. This organisation is committed to delivering first-class services to its clients, developing new relationships and business links and also holds employee development, progression and reward in high-regard.
Your new role
Your new role will be responsible for working across Northumberland and the Scottish Borders, leading on a diverse range of projects at various scales including residential, commercial and rural; working in a multi-disciplinary team of chartered planners and surveyors.
This role will be ideal for a proficient, and ambitious planner with experience preferably across both private and public sectors. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to really take the next step in their careers as this organisation can genuinely offer fantastic support, guidance, training and progression within it's organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
Key Duties & responsibilities:
- Conducting research and site appraisals
- Preparation, submission & negotiation of planning applications
- Co-ordination of project teams, project management & public consultation
- Providing advice to team members where appropriate
You will need experience in the following key areas:
- Sound knowledge and application of relevant legislation, planning policy and guidance
- Ability to seek out development opportunities
- Analyse complex situations and provide appropriate advice
- To demonstrate commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills
The ideal candidate will also have a formal qualification in Town Planning and have either a Full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.