My client is an award-winning multi-disciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in architecture, landscape architecture, communications, sustainability and planning.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic urban designer with an architectural background to join our well-established and growing design team based within our London design studio
The role is to assist on large-scale urban design and master planning projects of varying complexity. This work will be across all sectors, including residential, mixed-use and urban regeneration projects. The role will all be hands on, requiring initiative and strong communication skills that will be invaluable for attending consultation meetings and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
This role is ideal for those who have a keen interest in both regeneration and urban/suburban residential master planning, which are the main specialisms of the team. Your experience will be evident within your portfolio. You will share our passion and enthusiasm to create better places and will build upon your knowledge of the practice of urban design services, products and outputs.
The post-holder will be responsible for contributing to the design of places from concept through to planning and beyond. A large part of the daily tasks will revolve around site analysis and the production of high quality planning documents such as Design and Access Statements, Design Codes and Parameter Plans.
To be considered, the successful candidate will have:
- MA in urban design or equivalent subject – architectural background preferred
- minimum of one year’s UK based post qualification experience working on medium to large-scale urban or suburban housing design and master planning projects
- a good knowledge of urban design best practice and UK planning policy
- workplace experience of survey and analysis of sites, preparation of base plans and supporting material required for urban design and master planning work is essential
- a passion for housing and creating better places
- excellent presentation and graphics skills, with the ability to create good quality illustrated, print-ready reports related to our projects
- strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships
- excellent attention to detail with the ability to apply creative thought and energy to a range of projects
- strong organisation skills and the ability to manage time well and meet project deadlines
- ability to use initiative and work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- good knowledge of, and ability to use relevant design software, including: AutoCAD and/or Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, InDesign and Microsoft Office on a PC