BIM Technician / Coordinator / Architectural Technologist
Your new company
A multidisciplinary consultancy who work on a variety of very unique sectors including Aviation, Rail, Power, Nuclear, Defence and Custodial. They are a very successful business, who are really out in front when it comes to BIM. They are now looking for another BIM Technician / Coordinator to join their established Architectural team.
Responsible for ensuring BakerHicks' projects achieve BIM delivery in compliance with the BSi standards, EIR, BEP and BH BIM procedures.
Encourage and promote collaborative working on projects through leading by example.
Check, interrogate and validate modelling geometry and data.
Be capable of modelling and inputting data to high quality standards.
The role is crucial to the success of any BIM project as data exchange is key. Where design consultants and supply chain contractors are inputting information with separate software tools then the coordination of that data exchange is at the core of the success of producing an Asset Information Model. Key Objectives
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of BS 1192, PAS 1192-2, BS 1192-4 and other BIM standards.
- Sense check EIRs and BIM goals.
- Setup and implement the project specific standards and the BIM Execution Plan.
- Carry out model validation checks, coordination reviews and liaise with model managers for resolutions.
- Support the deployment of field data management system, review validity of information collected against information deliverables.
- Facilitate delivery of federated 3D model, hosted and linked BIM data.
- Ensure that data exchange protocols are adhered to by the project team and liaise with the project manager on compliance issues.
- Chair BIM coordination meetings.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage and supervise team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to the customer brief
- Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the customer brief in respect of BIM
- Ensure that BIM standards and procedures are implemented
- Set up BIM modelling environment and communicate access procedures to the project team
- Set up and maintain Common Data Environment for a project, in consultation with Document Control, procurement and other related parties who have systems where data needs to be shared
- Provide support to technicians and graduates in their professional development
- Utilise quality control procedures to check that all of the models are accurate and the level of detail is fit for purpose
- Ensure graphical quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to customer standards
- Ensure thorough processes for checking the graphical quality and model integrity of deliverables produced by the team
- Implement and manage administration duties across the team and customise the BIM environment to align with company standards and procedures
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Report to operational management team to ensure that resource requirements are utilised efficiently
- Develop positive relationships with customers
- Understand project fee spend and deliver commercial objectives
- Support the presentation of in-house and customer BIM courses and seminars
- Research and investigate design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
- Assist with PQQ & bid responses in regards to BIM related questions.
- Be part of the national BIM Core Group for wider company development and benefit.
Furthermore, you will be expected to provide the role of BIM Information Manager which will include:
- Sense checking of Employer's Information Requirements (EIR)
- BIM project setup and creation of protocols including BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Reporting and validation of the Project Information Model to ensure deliverables follow the agreed protocols, data is to the defined levels of information as defined in the BEP and the information is accurate
- Chairing BIM coordination meetings
- Enforce the project BIM standards to ensure delivery of the project BIM goals and requirements of the EIR
On other projects you will be expected to be versatile in the roles and responsibilities defined within PAS1192-2 to work as:
Model in accordance with the Master Information Delivery Plan.
Qualifications and training
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrable experience as a BIM Coordinator
- Likely to hold professional qualification
Technical skills and experience
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Track record of providing and manage a BIM service to external customers
- Ability to prioritise own workload and undertake instructions from operational management team
- Ability to manage BIM software environments accurately and efficiently eg Revit, Microstation, 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, AR and VR
- Ability to model and input data to high quality standards
i.e. Competent working knowledge and experience of the following software is preferable: Revit Navisworks It would also be beneficial to have experience of the following software: Solibri
- Ability to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of all aspects of the BIM service
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals