Planning Enforcement Officer
Planning Officer Job to become Enforcement lead across this Lancashire Based Local Authority
Your new company
Is a local authority who offer flexible working and great benefits. Located in Lancashire, this local authority is expanding their team and are working on some exciting projects whereby an enforcement lead will be integral to planning works throughout the region.
Your new role
Is as a planning enforcement officer whose main duties will be:
As our Planning Enforcement Officer you will:
- Be concise and possess the ability to communicate at all levels, be well organised and efficient, have a positive attitude, be proactive and solve problems to produce well-balanced outcomes.
- Provide consistently high professional advice on planning enforcement matters to clients, members of the public, Councillors and others as necessary.
- Ensure that the speed and quality of decision making in relation to all enforcement investigations does not result in unnecessary appeals or complaints about service.
- Negotiate (where appropriate) with owners, occupiers and agents in order to obtain high-quality outcomes within given time constraints set out in our contractual arrangements with our core client and a range of external clients. Apply the full range of powers to secure timely outcomes.
- Provide concise, accurate, justified and timely reports and recommendations on cases applying current legislation and policy changes as appropriate. Be involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward.
- Support your peers and mentor more junior staff to ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects.
Situating you as a key decision maker in local authority developments this position will allow you to be the face of the council in the community!
What you'll get in return
Including a salary of £29-£34k pa you will also be able to have flexible working and a generous pension contribution to boot!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Planning Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly