The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate, Buildings and Logistics Department, Workplace Management & Mobility Division, Work Space Management Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg a (Senior) Project Manager – Workplace Design. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be four years.
The panels are anticipated for October.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
In this role, you will lead and manage autonomously and simultaneously several large and complex workplace design and implementation projects, including all related service contracts, for the EIB Group’s owned and rented premises in Luxembourg to ensure that the quality of service, standards and processes are implemented in line with the EIB’s requirements and industry best practice.
This position requires a high sense of autonomy, responsibility, flexibility and the ability to quickly build credibility and gain confidence with all levels of management.
In addition, the position requires a high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy (in dealings with clients, consultants and vendors) and excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
The Senior Project Manager Workplace Design reports to the Head of Work Space Management Unit and works in close collaboration with the other members of the team as well as with colleagues in the BLD Department.
- Lead, manage and implement end-to-end large and complex workplace design projects and initiatives;
- Make suggestions to improve key processes ensuring a high quality of deliverables and respecting predefined budgetary and planning constraints;
- Coordinate, supervise and execute key FM processes related to project management, in an autonomous manner;
- Manage operationally end-of-end all contracts and related procurement tasks including relationship management with contract service providers, monitoring of KPIs and management of any follow-up of remediation actions;
- Establish and manage trustful working relationships with all relevant stakeholders;
- Drive and promote, in collaboration with Personnel and other CS departments, the EIBG-wide implementation of a new Workplace strategy;
- Perform quality checks on the services provided to ensure that they are in line with the contractual provisions (in particular the SLA and KPI);
- Contribute to BLD’s periodic activity reporting, dashboards and annual reports and regularly report on results achieved;
- Prepare notes, files, presentations and formal communication in own domain to facilitate decision making;
- Provide advice and recommendations in own domain in order to find appropriate solutions and actions to contribute to the objectives of the Unit.
- University degree in a subject connected to real estate management/civil engineering/architecture or associated disciplines;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in workplace design and space management and/or in project management related to workplace design and implementation;
- Very good knowledge of project management principles and best practices (Project Management Certification such as PM², Prince2 or PMP/PMI would be considered an advantage)
- Experience in public procurement and operational contract management along with the knowledge of procurement regulations and practices;
- Strong knowledge in workplace concepts and settings (design and implementation), as well as related technologies;
- Good knowledge of architecture, buildings standards and technics;
- Proven operational contract management skills and management of subcontracting teams on site;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, including MS Project and CAD software;
- Knowledge of managing information system for facility management (e.g. BIM, BMS, Archibus);
- Good written and spoken English and French*. The knowledge of a third European language would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 15th September 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.