For over 25 years we have been involved in consultancy on a very wide range of projects such as The Shard, Lord’s Cricket Ground, and the East Coast Martello Towers. We are looking for a Heritage, Townscape and Urban Design Consultant who has experience of and an enthusiasm for the historic environment and design in all its guises.
We provide heritage, townscape, planning, and architectural consultancy services on some of the most challenging projects mainly in London and also across southern England and the Midlands. Our projects range from tall building developments requiring Heritage, Townscape and/or Visual Impact Assessments, to building archaeology for alterations to individual listed buildings.
We value the training across many disciplines such as architecture, landscape, history, archaeology, planning and urban design. Your capability, enthusiasm and potential will seal your appointment as much as your experience.
The benefit of working in a small practice is that, due to the variety and types of projects, all staff are given opportunities and are challenged to expand their knowledge and expertise. The responsibilities include:
- Research – primary and secondary sources to find evidence of how a building, place, use, or community originated and evolved as well as biographies of key contributors
- Site – visiting buildings, landscapes, and townscapes to obtain first-hand understanding of fabric, context, constraints, and opportunities
- Legal – collating current and past legislation and planning policy within which schemes have or will evolve
- Appraising – documenting and analysing the understanding gleaned above for reports to clients, design teams, lawyers, planning authorities and Historic England
- Assessing significance of heritage assets and impacts of proposals, sometimes for Environmental Assessments
- Advising clients and design teams during design iterations
- Tender and commission specialist visualisers to provide verified views
- Representing clients at pre- and post-planning/LBC application meetings
- Taking initiative: programming and prioritising your workflow
- Ability to motivate yourself, others, and sometimes work independently
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Working to deadlines
- Communicating clearly and precisely with good written English
- Asking questions and checking progress regularly with fellow staff
- Suggesting and implementing new ways of working which improve the practice’s capabilities and qualities
The appointment is immediate and full time. Salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include specialist skills training courses and professional subscriptions such as ARB, RIBA, IHBC, LI, etc.
If you are interested in the Heritage, Townscape and Urban Design Consultant position, please submit a covering letter in addition to your CV, detailing your specific experience, and telling us why you are the right candidate for this role.
Please Visit https://www.bridgesassociates.co.uk/ where further information can be downloaded