- Job Description: RIBA Part II Architectural Assistant (min 2+ years experience)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Contract type: Full time permanent with 3 months probation period Location: 70 Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EJ
About Ian Chalk Architects
ICA is an award winning, London based architectural practice which was founded in 2014 by director, Ian Chalk. The practice undertakes a wide range of work from private houses, to theatres, listed buildings & residential schemes. As a practice we believe in the process of making - from working models, to images and details we like to understand both the figurative and tectonic qualities of what we draw.
Collectively we specialise in working with existing structures with particular interest in buildings within or highly sensitive and challenging historic contexts. Recently completed works include the award winning Chart House Studios and the careful refurbishment of seven listed houses in Soho. Current projects in- clude the extension of Cambridge Arts Theatre and a new life sciences building in North London.
With several exciting projects in the office, we are seeking a talented Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join our team and support on a number of projects across the studio.
The ideal candidate should be demonstrate a good technical knowledge and exceptional design expe- rience and be able to work with a good degree of autonomy. Candidates should be able to demonstrate broad experience across RIBA work stages. Proficiency with Microstation is preferred but not necessary. Successful candidates will be working alongside the Associate and Director on projects.
Please note: working on practice projects from home acceptable on an informal basis and when required but we are primarily studio based.
Key Responsibilities - include but are not limited to:
- Production and development of models, sketches and working drawings
- Attending project meetings, presenting to clients
- Supporting project teams on various projects
- Production of design documentation (with a focus on stages 2-4 initially)
- Demonstrate experiences on all RIBA stages
- Experience working on listed/period buildings and mixed use projects
- Performance and technically focussed spaces.
- Track record of designing to a budget.
- Working with small and large design teams and specialist consultants, on a One-to-one basis and as a larger group.
- Posses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong design sensibilities, including rational and considered design development skills.
- Good collaborators, both within the practice and the wider client and design teams.
- Good organisation skills, particularly time and workload management.
- A positive attitudes to sustainability and our collective environmental responsibility.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dead- line noted below.
- Digital CV and Portfolio (no larger than 10mb).
- A brief cover letter including details of any notice period and salary expectations
Please include the position applied for in the email subject line. Applications via recruiters will not be accepted.
Ian Chalk Architects are an equal opportunities employer committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented and disadvantaged groups in architec- ture.
Application deadline: 23rd January 2022 Interviews: w/c 30th January 2022
Start date: TBC