A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity has become available for an established architect with fluent German to set up the in-house design of a progressive co-living housing developer in their Berlin office. Driven by a unique and collaborative concept, this dynamic team are responsible for some of the most exciting mixed-use communities worldwide. Reporting to directors, you will be managing the design output of external architects as well as the creative hub of designers and construction professionals in house to create spaces that unlock a new way of being across Germany.
- Lead the design output of the in-house design team and design management of external consultants from schematic design through to completion of projects across Germany.
- Lead feasibility studies and liaise with the internal investment team for the acquisition of land.
- Ensure external designers are delivering to the project vision and intent.
- Manage regional stakeholders.
- Support the architectural director in team management, inspiring success and fostering junior member's career development.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified architect with significant practical experience across large-scale hospitality/residential projects in Germany.
- Considerable experience in a design team lead and coordination role.
- Fluent in English and German.
- A creative thinker with the ambition to challenge design ideas and put innovation at the forefront.
- Driven and motivated with the desire to lead a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team.
This is a career-defining opportunity to outgrow the norms of architectural practice. If you are looking to build a team around you to deliver unprecedented and quality schemes and grow the company profile nationally, this could be for you.